Wednesday 23 July 2008

Ebay Bargains and Caterpillar Wars


I've just realised how long it is since my last post!
Just goes to show what a boring old life I lead!! LOL
Anyway, this is my latest ebay bargain, £72 for a set of garden furniture in need of some TLC. Well it is surprising what a bit of TLC can do for wood! After plenty of elbow grease, some wire wool and a couple of litres of teak oil, this is the result. Looks even better when the green parasol goes up and the green cushions are on the chairs! It was well and truly christened on Monday when I had some friends over and we all sat round the table eating pizza, drinking coffee and having a good old chinwag in the sun!

Although there has been some activity down at the allotment site (grass is cut, an area of hardstanding has been created and there is a proper gateway), we can still not get on as the parish council and the allotment association are in negotiation as to who will pay for the shed *rolls eyes*

So I've dug up all the potatoes and used the space to plant out my cauliflower seedlings. I was hoping to get them onto the allotment, but I don't think that will happen this side of christmas. So we are into round one of caterpillar wars. After eating half a caterpillar in last years broccoli, I'm determined they won't get to these brassicas!!

No comments: