Sunday 6 April 2008

Snow and Allotment pictures

I can't believe the weather! We woke up to snow again today! Now normally I'd be the first to get excited about snow, but this is pushing it - what I would really get excited about now is a spell of nice hot weather!

But I have to admit it looks pretty - these grape hyacinths were outside my neighbours house, they look lovely with a frosting of snow.
After church we went for a wander to the allotment site. There is no access to the site yet - once that is sorted, I think we can start work on our plots. At the moment, this is the site. There will be 20, 10m x 10m plots. I am stood on the edge of a ditch bordering the north side of the plot. You can see the fence of the south and east borders. Just out of shot to the right is the west border - a tall hedge between the field and the road. Although you can see houses from this viewpoint, what you can't see to the left of the picture is open fields as far as the eye can see! (although I am sure that will change in the future).

The place I stood to take the picture is a plot of land between the allotment site and a bridle path - it is owned by a friend and is likely to be built on one day. I asked her this morning if she would be averse to renting some of it out for me to keep chickens and possibly pigs on. She sounded quite keen - it is just lying fallow at present. Haven't a clue how I'm going to go about this, but it's a plan for the future! Watch this space!

No comments: